What is Facial / Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Facial Acupuncture is an effective, non- surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the acupuncture points on the face & body where needed.
This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face
and stimulate collagen production, which will fill out the lines and give
firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion.
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat many conditions and illnesses. The effectiveness of Acupuncture has been related to the manipulation of the energy points on the body to balance and to remove blockages in the meridians (channels of blood and energy), in order to achieve health and to prevent diseases.
How does it work?
A practitioner experienced in Facial / cosmetic Acupuncture is able to utilize the meridians that either end or begin at the face to stimulate and balance energy and at the same time, treat the underlying factors that contribute to the aging process. This involves the insertion of hair-thin disposable needles into specific areas on the face, ears, hands, legs and torso. The needles are inserted into the energy pathways or meridians to improve the flow of Qi (energy). As the movement of energy improves, a greater amount of energy and blood are circulated to the face, nourishing, hydrating, toning and diminishing the appearance of wrinkles.
At the same time, we are attending to the outside (what you see) we can use some additional acupuncture points (usually on the arms and legs) to work on the inside. In this way we are working holistically, namely on the physical appearance and on the underlying factors which influence that.
What are the benefits of Facial / cosmetic Acupuncture?
- It helps to eliminate fine lines and makes the deeper lines look softer. It can also help to minimize dark circles, puffy eyes, double chin, sagging skin, and dropping eyelids. Other benefits include:
- Relaxes muscle tone
- Increases circulation, therefore oxygenates the skin
- Tightens the pores, and brightens the eyes
- Keeps acne skin under control
- Nourishes the skin, giving you a healthy complexion with a natural glowing, radiant, younger looking skin.
- Moisturizes the skin from inside, and gives rosy cheeks to people with dull, tired looking skin
- Help minimize or eliminate fine lines
- Help reduce a double chin
- Help reduce frown lines
- Help lift sagging skin, puffy or droopy eyelids
- Increase collagen production
- Brighten the eyes
- Improve muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Improve hormonal balance to reduce acne;
- Even facial colour and tone
- Soften scars
- Increase blood, energy and lymph circulation
- Leave you feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated
Can Facial / cosmetic Acupuncture be used with Botox?
Facial / cosmetic Acupuncture will maintain the effectiveness of Botox, so it can save you a couple injections per year.
Why choose Facial / cosmetic Acupuncture over a Face Lift?
While not a replacement for surgery, Acupuncture is an excellent alternative. It is far less expensive than facial / cosmetic surgery and is safe, virtually painless and has no side effects or risk of disfigurement (slight bruising can occasionally occur). This is unlike surgery, which may have an extended recovery period with swelling and discoloration. There is no trauma from Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture and if it does not suit you then you can stop with no ill effects.
What is the course of treatment?
The course of the treatment is between 10-12 sessions and each treatment lasts about 45-60 minutes. This will be done 1-3 times a week for best results. Everyone responds different to the treatment depending on their age and lifestyle. Visible results will be noticeable after 6 -7 sessions. Follow-up maybe needed once a month.
For more information, please call Dr Kusum Lata on 0414822244 or write an email to